A pole bringing together researchers and practitioners promoting the exchange between government modellers (mainly from the Ministry of Finance – MFQ – but also from other ministries or organizations such as the Institut de la statistique du Québec – ISQ), CIRANO and others, to allow the researchers to better understand the needs of the government, and enable the government end users to identify which models (existing or to be developed) would meet their needs:
- Assess and evaluate the strengths and limitations of the existing models, with the government, at CIRANO and with others organizations;
- Monitor international modeling best practices;
- Support the government in making modeling choices (types of model, programming language, etc.) to meet specific needs;
- Promote transfer of modeling expertise to government personnel;
- Support continuous improvement of existing models;
- Proceed with the development of new models for the government and/or CIRANO.