The Montreal Summer Conference on Industrial Organization was back for its 9th edition on June 21 and 22, 2022 at HEC Montreal (Manuvie room). It was organized by Robert Clark (Queen's University and CIRANO), Allan Collard-Wexler (Duke University), Gautam Gowrisankaran (University of Arizona), Laura Lasio (McGIll and CIRANO), Mathieu Marcoux (Université de Montréal) and Mario Samano (HEC Montréal and CIRANO), and sponsored by HEC Montreal, CIRANO, the John Deutsch Institute for the Study of Economic Policy (JDI), the Columbia Program for Economic Research and Duke University.
The conference featured six papers:
- Jorge Balat (University of Texas at Austin): Heterogeneous Firms: Skilled-Labor Productivity and Export Destinations
- Vivek Bhattacharya (Northwestern University): Have Mergers Raised Prices? Evidence from US Retail
- Emily Cuddy (Kellogg): Competition and Collusion in the US Generic Drug Market
- José Ignacio Cuesta (Stanford): Information Frictions in Mortgage Refinancing
- Lorenzo Magnolfi (University of Wisconsin - Madison): Testing Firm Conduct
- Cailin Slattery (Columbia Business School): Market Structure and Political Influence: Estimating the Causal Effect of Market Structure on Lobbying in the Auto Retail Industry